I found an awesome project on Martha Stewarts website. (http://www.marthastewart.com/article/natural-beauties-bath-snowballs) In case you don’t feel like following that link, here is what they were supposed to look like.
Here is what mine looked like.
However, I am ever the optimist; my friends call me Pollyanna. Okay. That wasn’t true. No one has ever called me Pollyanna and I’m rarely optimistic. But I did have a rare moment of optimism when I thought I could “fix” this. After all, I did get the precise color of blue correct. So I thought to myself, “Self, you can just break those up, add some essential oil and have plain old bath salts.
Well, what Self forgot was that Martha’s instructions said to let these things dry for a couple days. I let mine dry for 2 weeks because after 2 days they certainly weren’t holding their shape. Then they sat in that vase on my counter for another 2 weeks before I got around to taking their picture. That stuff was cemented in the vase and I could not get it out!
I eventually had to just run hot water over the salts until they dissolved (there was no way in heck I was going to sacrifice one of my favorite vases for these stupid Martha balls!)